Rants -n- Raves -n- Odds -n- Ends

WHEN I DO GOOD, I FEEL GOOD; WHEN I DO BAD, I FEEL BAD. THAT'S MY RELIGION. 
- Abraham Lincoln, 16th president of the U.S. (1809-1865)

Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Q: When is a bumper sticker not a bumper sticker?





A: When you plaster your pantry door with them!

What can I say. I love the simplicity of bumper stickers. Short, often humorous, sayings that make a point. Why beat around the bush?  

One online source credits the birth of bumper stickers to a silkscreen printer named Forest P. Gill from Kansas City. They appeared shortly before World War II, were flag like in style and were attached using wires. Shortly thereafter pressure sensitive adhesive made it's debut making them more widespread and practical. Interested? To learn more listen to a recent segment by NPR.

Finally, I couldn't neglect to include a photo of the one on my car. I wish I had purchased two of these when I had the chance! I still find it funny! 


No comments: