Rants -n- Raves -n- Odds -n- Ends

WHEN I DO GOOD, I FEEL GOOD; WHEN I DO BAD, I FEEL BAD. THAT'S MY RELIGION. 
- Abraham Lincoln, 16th president of the U.S. (1809-1865)

Friday, April 11, 2008

April 11, 2007






Hard to believe, but Bear passed away, one year ago today. We all miss our best bud. Cooper had a hard first year. She didn't eat for weeks. In retrospect, I wonder how she got through the days without her protector. 

Mr. Knuckles has always wanted a playmate in these two, but neither was interested. The best he got was a big sloppy kiss from Bear. Mr. K would place his head underneath Bear's and wait paitentely for the slow wet smooch with the drag of a tounge. He keeps trying to get Cooper to play with him, but Cooper will have none of it. Mr. K begins his fun with a big MEEOOW! Then another. Then he pounces on Cooper and bites her ear. This has always terrified her and Bear came to her rescue. Needless to say, some adjustments were necessary in our household. 

Things were starting to become routine and normal again, that is until Mr. K got spring fever. Now every night, it's the MEEOOW game all over. I have to lock him out of the bedroom. I'll be glad when warm weather arrives and he can hang out on the balcony again so he won't be so active at night. Alas, and fortunately, life goes on.

No comments: