Rants -n- Raves -n- Odds -n- Ends

WHEN I DO GOOD, I FEEL GOOD; WHEN I DO BAD, I FEEL BAD. THAT'S MY RELIGION. 
- Abraham Lincoln, 16th president of the U.S. (1809-1865)

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

R.I.P. Sydney



"You think that not being caught in a lie is the same thing as telling the truth." So went Sydney Pollack's favorite line of dialogue, which he reused in various forms to ideal effect in a number of subtly tense, slightly off-kilter movies that he made over nearly half a century. The filmmaker - a director and producer by trade but an actor by training - died of Cancer Monday May 27, 2008 at his home in Los Angeles, at age 73. He leaves behind a body of work in cinema and television virtually unparalleled in modern movies, one that inspired audiences (and me) while crisscrossing genres. Rest in peace, Sydney, we'll miss you.

No comments: