Rants -n- Raves -n- Odds -n- Ends

WHEN I DO GOOD, I FEEL GOOD; WHEN I DO BAD, I FEEL BAD. THAT'S MY RELIGION. 
- Abraham Lincoln, 16th president of the U.S. (1809-1865)

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

5 seconds of fun!


5 seconds of fun! I love this! 

I have an affinity for small animals. Probably comes from my first pets (not family pets) which were two female mice. The idea was they wouldn't fight, plus we wouldn't have lots more baby mice. Problem was they were already pregnant. All of a sudden we had something like 12 mice! Which wasn't crazy enough, but they would get loose and head for the big bag of food in my bedroom. I'd come home from school and find them feasting on mice mix. And in my dreams this is what they would look like when I opened the bag. 

My mom made me give them to the local pet store because we couldn't keep them all, besides who could afford to fix all of them? So, I took Cocoa, Mocha, and the gang to their eminent deaths to become snake food. It broke my heart when I realized what was going to happen to them. Every day I'd walk to the pet store on my way home from school and look into their cage. Every so often one would go missing, I'd look in the snake cages for the tell tale bump. Sometimes it was there, sometimes it wasn't. I'd like to think some of them got adopted....

It was one of the hardest lessons I had ever learned. It broke my small heart.

But not to leave you on a sad note. Watch this and you'll cheer up!

No comments: