Rants -n- Raves -n- Odds -n- Ends

WHEN I DO GOOD, I FEEL GOOD; WHEN I DO BAD, I FEEL BAD. THAT'S MY RELIGION. 
- Abraham Lincoln, 16th president of the U.S. (1809-1865)

Tuesday, May 6, 2008

For me, it's a nicotine addiction....

The commercial opens with folks talking about their revelation about smoking.

They proclaim that for them smoking is more than just a habit, well for them, it is an ADDICTION! My oh my, that's why it has been so hard for them to quit. All this time they thought they had a habit, when in fact, it turns out it was so much more. What a revelation. That's why it has been so hard for them to quit. Not a habit, but an addiction! The light bulb finally went off! I'm ADDICTED! Well, that explains it all. Here they thought they just had a habit, but no it is an addiction. 

So, where the heck have these smokers been? (Probably huddling outside puffing away in the snow and rain.) How come they haven't seen any of the information on nicotine? It's even on the side of their cigarette packages. Maybe smokers can't read? Maybe nicotine mixes up the letters and causes dyslexia? Perhaps it affects their vision and they are unable to focus on nicotine information. Whatever it is, apparently Philip Morris thinks they are really stupid. This commercial is insulting and dumb. But then, often that is the norm and not atypical. 

One final observation, isn't it interesting that Phillip Morris is promoting quitting smoking. Hmm. Think about it....


No comments: