Rants -n- Raves -n- Odds -n- Ends

WHEN I DO GOOD, I FEEL GOOD; WHEN I DO BAD, I FEEL BAD. THAT'S MY RELIGION. 
- Abraham Lincoln, 16th president of the U.S. (1809-1865)

Sunday, June 1, 2008

More on the polygamist sect....

The Texas supreme court has ruled that the state did not have a justifiable reason to remove the children from the FLDS compound. They found that the children where not in danger of an eminent threat to their well being. 

I wish I could trust what I read. Experience tells me about 50% of what is reported is the truth. It makes me wonder what reality is. 

How reliable where the figures listing the female children who had given birth or where already pregnant prior to their 18th birthday? (See prior post.) Does this political cartoon depict reality? It seems so to some extent, but what is the exact situation? 

I'm frustrated by how this situation is unfolding. I felt certain that the state had justifiable cause, but perhaps not. Perhaps they jumped the gun, didn't do their research, made generalizations not understanding the implications. How will this affect the outcome? I'm still watching as this unfolds. I hope that investigating this "religion" isn't foregone in unwrapping the melee.

No comments: