Rants -n- Raves -n- Odds -n- Ends

WHEN I DO GOOD, I FEEL GOOD; WHEN I DO BAD, I FEEL BAD. THAT'S MY RELIGION. 
- Abraham Lincoln, 16th president of the U.S. (1809-1865)

Saturday, June 14, 2008

Black is Beautiful, but not for animals



An animal shelter in Georgetown, Texas that is over run with black cats and black dogs has cancelled it's "Black is Beautiful" adoption campaign.  They had planned to run it at the same time as Juneteenth which is a holiday commemorating the freedom of enslaved blacks. They received criticism for the timing of the event and decided to cancel it indefinitely. 

The director of the facility stated, "It's just a known fact that black cats and black dogs are difficult to adopt." Sadly it looks like they will have a little harder time ahead of them. I hope they find another option to educate the public about their plight.  

No comments: