Rants -n- Raves -n- Odds -n- Ends

WHEN I DO GOOD, I FEEL GOOD; WHEN I DO BAD, I FEEL BAD. THAT'S MY RELIGION. 
- Abraham Lincoln, 16th president of the U.S. (1809-1865)

Thursday, June 5, 2008

Bard in the park

For the past several years, the University of Michigan has staged different productions of plays by Shakespeare in Nichols Arboretum.The park is 123 acers large and the play moves from location to location for scene changes. It's become quite a success.

 Since we walk in the park regularly we have to be careful where and when we go. Often we will come across a play in progress and have to be cognisant of this so as not to interrupt. 

My first clue that the event will start soon is the appearance of the porta-johns to the park. They are such a startling discovery in this otherwise unspoiled nature area. Not to mention, a tad bit stinky. As expected, my dog Cooper, checks them out each time we are at the Arb. 

I'll be glad when they disappear....

No comments: