Rants -n- Raves -n- Odds -n- Ends

WHEN I DO GOOD, I FEEL GOOD; WHEN I DO BAD, I FEEL BAD. THAT'S MY RELIGION. 
- Abraham Lincoln, 16th president of the U.S. (1809-1865)

Thursday, May 7, 2009

My Dream House!

Thirty years ago! 

This is my friends daughters stilt house. It has been built out of all recycled items, expect for the roof. (Apparently they didn't want to deal with possible leaks. Who could blame them.)

What I wouldn't have given for a personal space like this. The closest I came was a tiny balcony off the back of our house. We were told we would fall through the roof if we went out on it. Experience told us that if we were very careful and not to let the parents know, we were just fine. 

Don't worry Mom, Margie and I only crawled out once or twice. It wasn't as cool as we had thought it would be! Nothing like this house. 

I'm waiting for my invitation. Perhaps I should stop by with some warm freshly baked cookies?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I looks so magical!!!!
Reminds me when I was young(er).