Rants -n- Raves -n- Odds -n- Ends

WHEN I DO GOOD, I FEEL GOOD; WHEN I DO BAD, I FEEL BAD. THAT'S MY RELIGION. 
- Abraham Lincoln, 16th president of the U.S. (1809-1865)

Sunday, May 10, 2009

It's flip-flop season!

Yes. Now is the time we bare our toes in the invention known as the flip-flop. Which leads me to make two comments.

First, my friend who sells shoes for a living reminded me several years ago when I bought a pair, that the skin between your toes needs to be slowly broken in. Yea well, shoot, that makes sense. But did I remember  that good advice yesterday? No. I went for a two hour walk in the park in my flip-flops and I am regretting it today. I cut a bandaid in half, put germ ointment on each piece and placed them between my toes. They still hurt! Heed the good advice of not going for long walks when you first air your toes in flip flops. Your tootsies will thank you!

Second, I saw the advertisement for this shoe in Sahalie. In the description they state, 'why you can even wash them in the dishwasher!' Uh, really? And that's a selling point? Does it sound remotely appealing to put your shoes in the same machine you put what you eat off of in? Sometimes I wonder about marketing departments. Now a washing machine makes sense, but a dishwasher? Ick.

2 comments:

Alice said...

I can't even stand to wear them after they are broken in!

The dishwasher? I remember when they used to tout cooking fish in the dishwasher! UGH

said...

LOL Alice! Cooking fish? Wow, we've come a long way haven't we...

Happy Mother's Day!

Good luck in New York.