Rants -n- Raves -n- Odds -n- Ends

WHEN I DO GOOD, I FEEL GOOD; WHEN I DO BAD, I FEEL BAD. THAT'S MY RELIGION. 
- Abraham Lincoln, 16th president of the U.S. (1809-1865)

Sunday, May 10, 2009

Fashion growth?

Fashion can be tough. There are so many unflattering trends out there right now. How do you decide what to buy? Well the simple answer is, buy what looks good on your body style. So, if you consider that, why, oh why, is the pregnancy top back in style? The only people this looks good on, is women who are pregnant! That's why they call it a pregnancy top. It's for pregnant women! But I digress.

This top is no better. Okay, a little better. At least it has some shape. But who wants a growth crawling down from your shoulder onto your breast as a fashion statement? How is this remotely considered attractive? And do you really want someone staring at your right breast trying to figure out what the heck is growing on it? 

I just don't get fashion right now. I feel sorry for young women who will have to look at the silly photos of themselves in these clothes when they were young and share them with their grandchildren. "Gee, grandma. You really were a dork!" Yeah, grandma what were you thinking? Just cause it's "fashion" doesn't mean you should wear it.

Happy Mother's Day! Even to the dorks. Maybe, especially to the dorks. Dorks need love, too.

1 comment:

Alice said...

I'm going to NYC on Thurs. and need some clothes. This is what I worry about, finding nothing except maternity type clothes. Being a bit big busted, these kind of clothes are awful on me. I sure hope I can find something to wear!