Rants -n- Raves -n- Odds -n- Ends

WHEN I DO GOOD, I FEEL GOOD; WHEN I DO BAD, I FEEL BAD. THAT'S MY RELIGION. 
- Abraham Lincoln, 16th president of the U.S. (1809-1865)

Friday, February 27, 2009

Not your ordinary dogs



Yes, I love dogs. And yes, these are lovely photos of dogs. But they are more than just companion canines. These dogs have been trained to find peanuts. Peanuts? Why peanuts?

Well, for all of the people, mostly kids, who are allergic to peanuts they are trained to sniff out the nuts to warn people that they are around them. Some people can go into anaphylactic shock just by inhaling peanut dust. These dogs provide a lifeline for these people. It allows those that have not had the freedom to move about, to now go places they have not been able to go before.  

Yet another reason to love our four legged friends! They are amazing indeed.


No comments: