Rants -n- Raves -n- Odds -n- Ends

WHEN I DO GOOD, I FEEL GOOD; WHEN I DO BAD, I FEEL BAD. THAT'S MY RELIGION. 
- Abraham Lincoln, 16th president of the U.S. (1809-1865)

Saturday, February 21, 2009

Broccoli and Mr. Knuckles

Yep. Broccoli. I love it. So does my cat. I first discovered this when I had two pieces left over on my dinner plate. I set the plate on my counter and walked away for a few minutes. When I came back it was gone. My cat had eaten each piece. 

I didn't realize how much he liked it until the next time I made it. I was sitting at my dining room table and he was inching closer and closer to my plate. Then he made his move and stole a piece off my plate, ran off under the table where I couldn't reach him and ate it. I realized that I couldn't eat my broccoli in peace, so I began building a barrier around my plate. Eventually I relented and gave in and now when I make broccoli, I make him his very own serving. Now I can eat my dinner in peace.

This cartoon brought back my learning curve. Fortunately, he doesn't suffer form the same symptoms as Rover the dog.

No comments: