Rants -n- Raves -n- Odds -n- Ends

WHEN I DO GOOD, I FEEL GOOD; WHEN I DO BAD, I FEEL BAD. THAT'S MY RELIGION. 
- Abraham Lincoln, 16th president of the U.S. (1809-1865)

Sunday, February 15, 2009

Good Grips misses mark

This timer is produced by a company called Good Grips. They originated as an alternative for folks who had trouble gripping items. They began with the potato peeler with a wide handle. It was so successful that they have expanded to areas such as timers. 

Frankly, I don't understand why this is different than other timers as the buttons are small and the stop/start button is annoying as heck. But that is not really the reason I posted this. No, the question that I had concerns the packaging. This timer came in a blister pack that was exceeding difficult to open. It was one of those thick packages that are hard to cut open. Then when you've cut it open it is near impossible to pull the pieces away from the timer. 

So, my question is, shouldn't someone be paying attention to the packaging as well as the product? Who cares if the product is easy to use, if you can't get it out of the package? Yet another example of good design ideas poorly executed through to the last step. I see this everywhere.

No comments: