Rants -n- Raves -n- Odds -n- Ends

WHEN I DO GOOD, I FEEL GOOD; WHEN I DO BAD, I FEEL BAD. THAT'S MY RELIGION. 
- Abraham Lincoln, 16th president of the U.S. (1809-1865)

Friday, August 14, 2009

To Whiten or not to Whiten?

I've been watching season one of the Remington Steele series of the 80's. This picture doesn't really show this, but this was before teeth whitening was the fad. 

It is refreshing to see what peoples teeth actually looked like before the masses started bleaching their teeth. I find this procedure jarring from the standpoint that it is so often overdone and is obviously a cosmetic enhancement. I've seen people whose teeth almost look translucent because they didn't know when to say when.

I also had a friend that did this when it was first fashionable who protested that it was her tan that made her teeth look whiter than usual. Yea, right. If you're going to do this, at least own up to it when you are called out. If you are not ashamed to do it, then why not fess up to it?

1 comment:

Dusty D said...

That kind of treatment scares me. Hasn't been tested long-term and who knows how much damage is really being done. Nah, I'll stick with my 80s-style not-blinding-white all-natural choppers.