Rants -n- Raves -n- Odds -n- Ends

WHEN I DO GOOD, I FEEL GOOD; WHEN I DO BAD, I FEEL BAD. THAT'S MY RELIGION. 
- Abraham Lincoln, 16th president of the U.S. (1809-1865)

Monday, August 24, 2009

Oh no, you didn't!


This poor fellow shown in the picture is the owner of Ypsilanti Gold and Diamond Exchange. Why is he a poor fellow? Well, he hired someone to produce a commercial for him that has been running on cable TV for a while now. The problem is they aren't pronouncing the name of his business correctly. Ypsilanti is pronounced Ip-si-lanti, NOT Yip-si-lanti. And Ypsilanti is not his name, it is the name of the city his business is located in. 

Frankly, I'm surprised that he hasn't pulled the add or demand that the voice over be redone to pronounce the city name correctly. It can't bode well on his business in a city that takes enormous pride in it's heritage. What are they thinking?

No comments: