Rants -n- Raves -n- Odds -n- Ends

WHEN I DO GOOD, I FEEL GOOD; WHEN I DO BAD, I FEEL BAD. THAT'S MY RELIGION. 
- Abraham Lincoln, 16th president of the U.S. (1809-1865)

Monday, July 20, 2009

Vacationing in Dollywood?

It's the first morning of my vacation on Lake Huron and I'm in search of a latte. Not a coffee shop to be found in strip mall land, which does not surprise me, so I make my way to the downtown. Alas, I find a cute place called Raven Cafe. It has a lovely small town charm feel to it. A quirky layout that feels like it has been put together over the years with a pub feel to it. Nice. I was right at home. 

That is until I walk out the front door and am bombarded by county music blaring from the speakers on the light poles (see lower left). Yes, we were all treated to Shania Twain signing her heart out at loud decibels. Oh, dear. What are they thinking?

I know there are places that play music at a decibel that teens can hear and not adults, as a means to keep the teens away. But playing music in downtown as a way to keep me there backfires. I had to leave and leave as soon as possible. It did not encourage me to keep walkin'/jammin'/groovin'/or any other thingin' on down the road. I got back in my car and headed for the beach!

No comments: