Rants -n- Raves -n- Odds -n- Ends

WHEN I DO GOOD, I FEEL GOOD; WHEN I DO BAD, I FEEL BAD. THAT'S MY RELIGION. 
- Abraham Lincoln, 16th president of the U.S. (1809-1865)

Friday, July 10, 2009

July 4th Aftermath

This year my neighborhood was noisier than in the past on the 4th of July this year. When I went out for a walk at 11 PM with my new dog, my street was filled with a fog like haze. I quickly realized it was due to the amount of fireworks being set off in the proximity of my door. 

The next morning, I confirmed just how many people had participated in lighting off fireworks. I found several piles like the ones shown here. I have never seen such displays of fun left to cool off until the morning before. One of the participants noted that the big dark canister in the upper right corner of the top photo went off for about 15 minutes. 

Fortunately, my new Jack Russell is not afraid of the noise. My Australian Sheppard hated the noise and walking her on New Years Eve and July 4th were always a problem. I hope it is quite wherever she is.

No comments: