Rants -n- Raves -n- Odds -n- Ends

WHEN I DO GOOD, I FEEL GOOD; WHEN I DO BAD, I FEEL BAD. THAT'S MY RELIGION. 
- Abraham Lincoln, 16th president of the U.S. (1809-1865)

Sunday, December 7, 2008

Tragedy in Mumbai (Bombay)

 
My younger sister leads such a different life than I. Tara lives in Mumbai, India with her husband Angad within walking distance of where much of where the melee occurred. Fortunately she was home when the chaos began, but she was near enough that she heard shots and blasts. 

My father and I had a somewhat harrowing Thanksgiving as information was limited. The only communication that we had was via email. (Thank goodness for the Internet.) All phone communication was nonexistent. 

These are photos that she took in the area where she lives, shops, and works in. If the attacks had happened one day earlier she could well have been a victim  in one of the restaurants that was targeted. As expected, reconciling what happened is difficult for everyone there and around the world. Here is a link to an essay that my very eloquent sister wrote about the aftermath. 

It still surprises me that we are such similar people with such different life styles. She is literally a world away. Thank goodness she is safe in hers.

No comments: