Rants -n- Raves -n- Odds -n- Ends

WHEN I DO GOOD, I FEEL GOOD; WHEN I DO BAD, I FEEL BAD. THAT'S MY RELIGION. 
- Abraham Lincoln, 16th president of the U.S. (1809-1865)

Saturday, March 28, 2009

Is this real?

How does this photo make you feel? 

It reminds me of a time that I never existed in. Perhaps even in a different country. Somewhere in my childhood imagination.

When I found this, I had to document it, as it has such a surreal quality to me. If I hadn't taken the photo would I have believed it existed? 

This is fronting Jimmy Stewart Street in Indiana, PA. Yes, it is named for the Jimmy Stewart you are thinking of. It is his home town and they are very proud of that fact. 

Anyway, it seems the idyllic scene for a horror movie. Perhaps if it had been a sunny day I would feel different, but it has such a sinister quality to it. Or perhaps it could be the setting of a drama that has a tragic ending. In any case, it must have a great story behind it. What do you suppose it might be?

Too bad the stairway has been closed to the public.


No comments: